Sunday, October 12, 2008

WHY LAH?

We change duty every month as part of our training. So this month I’m no longer in the clinic, but covering the chemotherapy daycare. If you thought the lack of soap in the clinic was bad enough, the consultation room at the daycare doesn’t even have a sink & obviously no soap. Every time after I examine a patient, I have to pop over to the nearest toilet to wash my hands. There is minimal soap there & no tissue. Patience is indeed a virtue.

To add salt to wound, the computer system has been down for more than a week now. As a result, I have been unable to trace patients’ blood results or view images (x-rays, CT scans, MRI etc) & this really hinders my job. Patients are obviously unhappy.

Patient 1 : How is my blood test?
Doctor: I’m sorry, I can’t seem to get it on the computer

Patient 2: What does my CT scan show?
Doctor: Hmm…sorry, I can’t get the images on the computer

Patient 1: Why like this?
Patient 2: How come like that?
Doctor: I also don’t know lah, have to ask Mr. Liow

No comments: