Thursday, September 2, 2010

Leftie for a day


Since young, I've always like to look at people who are left-handed. They are unique & mysterious & tend to be very artistic. Secretly I wished that I was left-handed. My wish came true on Monday when I injured my right wrist while driving back from a friend's house after dinner the previous night.






It felt like something "snapped" suddenly, only that I didn't actually hear any "snapping" sound. There was sharp shooting pain at the wrist, radiating to the elbow & fingers. I manage to drive home that night & to work the next day, using mainly my left hand as any pressure to the right side brought back the sharp shooting pain.






At work, I had problem writing prescriptions & on patients' case notes. Therefore I had to resort to using my left hand, even when examining patients. It sure felt weird & awkward to examine patients using left hand, including a per rectal examination!





The pain subsided the next day without any pain killers or anti-inflammatories. But there is still a dull ache on & off....perhaps it is time for another role reversal. Let's see....which Orthopedic colleague should I bug?

No comments: