Sunday, August 19, 2007

OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD



Risks of needle prick injuries & exposure to radiation aside, I think I might actually have a serious occupation related problem when ……

1) I started looking at people’s veins while waiting to board the plane (I went back to my hometown recently) & thinking whether intravenous cannulation is going to be easy or not if they collapse & need resuscitation.

2) I’m stucked in the jam (it’s KL lor), I look at car registration plates & associate the alphabets with medical conditions, for example MBC (for metastatic breast cancer), ADH (for anti-diuretic hormone) etc.

3) I think of an old friend (whom I met at our secondary school reunion recently) as a “multipara” rather than a “mother of 3 kids”.

4 comments:

Just plain Sharon said...

Hi! Multipara as in Multipara Sharon. Hahahhahahha....

kaybee_dino said...

it's a complimetnt :)

fibrate said...

I'm guilty of eyeing my hubby's neck veins when he's fast asleep, thinking to myself how nice it'd be if my patients have such well-defined surface anatomy!

kaybee_dino said...

fibrate - surface anatomy is a different subject altogether *wink*