Tuesday, May 1, 2007

JUST FOR LAUGH


10 things that you don’t want to hear your surgeon say (before, during or after surgery):

  • I forgot to take my tremor pills this morning.
  • I left my glasses at home, can I borrow yours? Since you’re going in for surgery & won’t be using it.
  • This is my first operation on a human patient. I used to be a butcher.
  • Our lab mice ate your skin graft.
  • Is this a blood vessel or a nerve? Opps, it’s the ureter.
  • Are we supposed to remove the right or the left kidney? Nurse, take your pick.
  • Liver is on the right & spleen is on the left…or it is the other way around?
  • Uh-oh
  • Shall we break for 10 minutes? I need to run over to the library to get the anatomy textbook.
  • We left a pair of scissors in your abdomen, I’m afraid we have to open you up again tomorrow.

(I read something similar in the Readers’ Digest before & got the idea from there. Hope there is no hard feelings from my surgical friends.)

No comments: